Click Join to create a new member account and you will be sent a notification email. (Please check your spam folder if you do not see it quickly.) This verification request will expire in 24 hours, and needs to be responded to from the same browser you joined on, for security purposes.
After you have confirmed your email address, please
fill out your member profile.
attend an orientation, held at least monthly Check upcoming events on the homepage. Your account will not be activated without attending an orientation. If the scheduled times/dates do not work for you, let us know! If you do not attend an orientation within 6 months of filling out the join form, your application will be deleted.
Starting to use the TimeBank
Login to the Timebank and
Post some offers, skills, talents or services that you have to offer other members.
Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for.
Record any exchanges that you have made with other timebank members.
You can ask for help by clicking on the envelope icon link and sending a message to your timebank's coordinators. See the icon at the top right of the home page.
You can visit the help guide for a page. Click on the "?" at the top right of each page.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank
Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.
Logging Hours (Record an exchange)
Make sure that you have discussed who will be recording hours from your exchange so both parties don't record the hours - because this will debit/credit your account twice. For the initial hours you earn uploading your picture, writing your profile & listing your first service ads, YOU are the one who provided the service, and the recipient is the St. Pete Time Bank (or input SPTB for a shortcut)
Click on Record an Exchange (right hand side menu)
Click on either I provided the service or I received the service
- Use the Search members field to find the members name that you were in an exchange with. Start typing their name, and their profile will appear below the search box
- Click the member's profile on the right hand side in the selection box
- Click Next Step
- Look for an associated service advertisement that your exchange is in response to. When you choose an add, you can add additional notes beyond the title for extra reference, (like the location of a social event, the specifics of the exchange, etc.) If there isn't one, click No associated service ad.
- Complete the details of the exchange if it's not already pre-filled from choosing the associated service ad (date, description, category)
Insert the Number of Hours. (For partial hours, use decimals: 1/4 hour = .25, 1/2 hour = .50, 3/4 hour = .75, etc.
- Click Create Exchange and an exchange certificate will be given to you with the details of the transaction. Review it for accuracy, edit or delete if needed
- There is a Send a thank you message at the top of the certificate that you can click to can thank your exchange partner for the opportunity for this exchange, whether you were the provider, or the recipient!